Sunday, September 15, 2019


Diapers, Drama, and Deceit
By
Erina Bridget Ring
When Eva Johnson is walking her newborn baby, Jill, through the park, she meets another mom named Janel and her baby, Mandy. These two moms hit it off and become friends. They decide it would be great to get together and meet with each other each week and talk all things baby! Then as more new moms start to become aware of their meeting, they want to become involved. So, what can go wrong with starting a baby group!? OH, how little do they know what they're getting into.

Diapers: How cute little babies are. But then there are times they just plain wear a mom out. Each mom has different ideas and ways they think babies should be raised and taken care of. Put all these moms into the same room and they all have their own opinions. Hmm...what can go wrong there? I love that Eva has a baby quilt that is at every baby group and it's a place that each mom gravitates to with her child. It's almost like a character in the story.

Drama: Things start to come out about the characters to each other. How much drama can there be with moms and babies? That's the understatement of the story! "Ava, your baby group is like a soap opera!" If there can be a situation that even seems wrong, then it's going to bring out the drama!

Deceit: This is the part where secrets and lies start to be revealed. There are situations that are unbelievable. "It's funny how you think you know a person but you don't really know them at all." As I was reading the pages, the level of what some of the characters were capable of had me shocked. "Everything about the women in this baby group has been crazy. How can they sleep at night doing the things they're doing?" I had to keep reading to see what happens next!

I had a lot of emotions while reading this book. There are some very sad scenes that broke my heart. I laughed at some of the craziness. It also is a book that brings the meaning of what friendship and compassion for one another can do. We never know what a difference we might make in someone's life by caring.

I enjoy Mrs. Ring's personality and writing style. It's descriptive and a bit anomalous. I particularly like all the dialogue throughout. This book is full of so many surprises and situations that I wondered how I would react if I were put in them. The mothers of Easthaven were quite the group of women who challenged each other in ways they never thought possible. They definitely redefine the term "soap opera" to the max! When I thought there couldn't be any more drama, I'd turn the page and oh, my, gosh!! Drama abounds!

I enjoyed this book very much and can't wait for the next novel Mrs. Ring is working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...