Monday, September 23, 2019



Life On Loan
By
Ashley Farley
When I was a little girl, sometimes I wanted to "run away" and find an escape from what was miserable in my life. I thought there was going to be something better somewhere else. Lena and Olivia are in lives that have pushed them to that point. Escape and find some breathing space to figure out what happened to themselves, find out who they really are, and leave those miserable lives for even a little while. The two former college friends unexpectedly run into each other in the airport and reconnect. They decide to "swap" houses and try to find the person they seemed to have lost in the years their lives were on hold.

Ashley Farley writes wonderful characters. They are so very relatable and easy to become friends with. These characters are written into situations that take a lot of courage and determination to overcome. It's a story of rediscovery of who they were meant to be. It's not an easy thing to walk away from 30 years of "life" that they became rooted into. But when there's no where to go but up from the deep and troubled lives they're in, they have to pack up and go. There's no other option. This is also a story of mending relationships that have suffered because of the tensions and struggles of living in miserable conditions, with spouses who are not who they thought they were. It's a story of developing new relationships that are supporting and unconditional.

As I read through the pages, Ashley Farley had me transferred into the settings with such amazing descriptions. I felt as though I were walking the streets in Charleston, I was seeing the views in New York City, I was in the serene and peaceful Northern Neck of Virginia. Ms. Farley has even described streets and buildings down to the minutest of details. It was so easy to picture myself there with each character and experiencing their emotions as well. I had a virtual journey with the characters in this book that I was able to escape into.

The story is one that brings hope for readers to know that taking a chance to change things in their lives is possible. It is a story written with a powerful message that there is hope in situations that might seem impossible. It is encouraging to find that place where "life is no longer on loan" and step out and live the best life possible. Finding out what that life is, is part of the great adventure! It might not always be a "walk in the park" or "living the high life" but there is a way to balance it all out and find happiness.

I want to thank Ms. Farley, Netgalley, and the Georgia's Porch, Ashley Farley's Team on FaceBook for the honor of reading this wonderful book. It's very highly a five star read for me!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a good read, I'm adding it to my want to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good!! Ashley Farley writes such good books! I hope you enjoy it when you read it. Thank you so much for your comment!! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...