Friday, July 17, 2020



A Teacher's Prayer
By
Tammy Mentzer Brown

John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit-fruit that will last-and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."

This is more than a book about a young girl who's life is changed when her father is tragically killed. It's an outpouring of gratitude to a loving God and the people He placed in her life as she grew up. This is the story of the author.

When Tammy's father is killed, her life takes a turn from the loving, secure and caring home he had provided to a tumultuous and often abusive childhood that her alcoholic mother seemed unable to change. This is the story of a young girl who is exposed to so much a child shouldn't have to endure. Early in her life she's invited to VBS, an escape from the house for a few hours, and where God reveals Himself to her. Life is still difficult but through it all, God places the people in her life to bring her through. Ms. Brown graciously and heart wrenchingly shares her story through words of grace and love. Her gratitude for those people God used in her life makes my heart warm. People might not realize the difference they make in another person's life, but God uses them to guide and provide. She shares so many situations that these people carried her through. This story is from an author's grateful heart. "......sometimes friends come and go in our lives, but we should always give thanks to God for them. How each person we encounter has a special purpose for entering our lives at that time, whether it is a lesson for them to learn or one for us. Someone, maybe even both, will benefit from the relationship."

There are passages that broke my heart. There are passages that made my heart soar with hers. The story is such an inspiration and what a testimony to the loving God she serves. There is power in prayer and a God who is there no matter what the situation and circumstances. I especially liked the scripture verses Ms. Brown quoted at the end of each chapter. They are the foundation of what the chapter was about. The promises that God kept as she shares her testimony.

I am so honored to have the privilege to read this inspirational story of hope, grace and love. The grace of God is awesome and this story is truly one that touched my heart. Thank you, Tammy Mentzer Brown!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Bambi. I realize I am biased, but truly excellent job. If I didn't know the story, I would want to read it, based on your review! Thank you again for the kinds words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...that's so sweet of you, Tammy! You're welcome! I really appreciate that you left this comment and visited my blog. The book truly is wonderfully inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Hi Bambi,
    We must be on the same wave length as I just published a review of Tammy's book on Amazon and Goodreads this morning! This is such an eloquent review of her book. God bless you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that we both shared reviews for this wonderful book! Thank you so much for checking my blog out, reading the review and commenting. I appreciate it so much! God Bless You, too!!

      Delete

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...