Monday, July 13, 2020



Departed: David and Sara
By
Tess Thompson
What I really love about reading a series is that I get so invested in the characters. I have LOVED reading the Cliffside Bay series so very much. Each book has focused on a couple with challenges and obstacles that seemed to be too large to overcome but true love conquers all. This series has characters who are like family to each other and have become a fictional family to me. They all pull together to bring each couple through the fires and make them stronger together. "Departed" is the last book in the series and it's about David and Sara. Two people, who have endured unthinkable tragedies, finding themselves drawn to each other in spite of their initial dislike of the other. "We have all the worst stuff in common, but maybe we can help each other because of it."

I have been drawn to the main characters, David and Sara from the prior novels. Their story is one that had me hoping against hope for them to find a way through their pasts and self protection to open their hearts for a future with each other. Ms. Thompson has a way she puts sizzle and sparks between the characters and I couldn't stop reading. From the way Sara and David's lives are brought together to the development of their relationship....I was in it with them. I fell in love with these people and felt like I was part of the "family" as they worked through the circumstances they were in. The co-characters were woven into the story beautifully. Ms. Thompson brings each of the former couples into this book and blends them all into one final novel that is so wonderfully fulfilling. I loved each and every one.

There were so many lines in the book that reveal the talent of Tess Thompson in her writing. Some of my favorite ones are these:

"We're made to love, not hate. Take it from me, holding on to the past means you can't live in the present."
"A masterpiece in motion. The perfect design in a living woman. No matter how hard he tried, God's creations would always beat the ones of his own imagination."
"But the one thing I've always known is that family matters more than anything else. We're family here, some by blood and others by heart."

Ms. Thompson writes with heartfelt passion. Every single character is filled with emotions and stories that pull at my heart. The emotions are there from the amazing way Tess Thompson creates word stories in her books. Stories that draw you in and make you feel a part of them. The setting of Cliffside Bay is a seaside community I long to visit and spend time in. I had this exact honor by reading this incredible series. I want to thank Ms. Thompson and I have sincerely enjoyed being in Cliffside Bay with these wonderful characters. What a great escape! All thoughts and opinions in this review are my heartfelt own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...