Tuesday, October 22, 2019


Growing Only Dandelions
By
Joan Hugues
"A brand new foundation is required since no matter how hard she tries to grow a beautiful, healthy garden, she always ends up growing only dandelions." There is so much to that sentence for me and how this book touched my heart and soul. Dandelions are most often thought of as ugly weeds but when looking at them closely, they are delicate, beautiful plants that have many benefits to them. This is Bethany's story. It's like a dandelion plant. It has complex parts. Roots that carry "ugliness" caused by an abusive father, a stem of friends and family that supports a flower that life is good, and leaves that bring nourishment with faith and belief in the promises of God.

Joan Hugues has written a touching and inspirational story through the character of Bethany Grant. This book took me into Bethany's life in deep and emotional ways that tore my heart apart through the years of her growing up and how events formed her emotions, fears, and feelings. The events in her life are all part of what makes her who she is and how she feels about herself. Her self perceptions are formed by her image of how she sees herself because of what happens to her good and bad. The people she encounters on this life journey also have an influence in ways she doesn't even realize at the time. There are reasons for people in her life that aren't evident until later on. All these pieces seem to be haphazard and just random but there's a purpose and reason for every encounter and incident in her life.

I believe in the message this book spreads through the very descriptive passages written by Joan Hugues. I felt as if I were entering the heavenly corridor with Bethany and experiencing the brilliant beauty that the author creates in the words and images. I heard the heavenly voices singing the beautiful songs of pure love. I met Beth's loved ones with the pure joy of reuniting in a perfect body and place. It was a visual in heart and soul into the hope of the promises of Heaven. Perfection intimately portrayed in the words of this book.

This book gave me so much to think about. So much to be grateful for in my life. That there is nothing that happens without a reason and that the people who are in my life are there for a purpose. There is hope no matter what happens and that there is a glorious, divine power who works in our lives. "We all feel ugly at times...…..I realize that I deserve love. Everyone deserves love, especially the love from within."

This story touched me deeply and truly is an inspiration. It is an experience I am very grateful and honored I took. I will look at the "dandelions" in my life in a completely new way because of the message in this book. I'm humbly thankful.

4 comments:

  1. Bambi, I love reading your reviews! You are such a blessing to the writing/reading community. Thank you for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria! I am so honored for your comment. Thank you so very, very much. That means the world to me. I am blessed to have the privilege of reading the wonderful books that I do. I appreciate you commenting and following on my blog. <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for checking out my blog and making a comment. I appreciate that so much. I hope, if you read this book, that you enjoy it!

      Delete

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...