Thursday, September 12, 2019



Scarred: Trey and Autumn
By
Tess Thompson
There are times when you take a book journey that you fall more in love with the characters and the places they live each time you visit. This is one of those stories that did just that for me. A return to Cliffside Bay and spending time with Trey and Autumn in Scarred has touched me heart and soul. Tess Thompson brought me into the lives of these two characters completely with passion that made me yearn for them to find their way to each other's hearts.

Trey and Autumn are best friends. They are comfortable with each other and do things together but they both have scars that have caused them to put up "walls" to protect themselves from being hurt. Trey wants to take it to the next level with Autumn, but he's been hurt in a relationship before. His scars are internal. Autumn doesn't feel like she's beautiful enough for Trey because of scars from an accident. Hers are external. Can Trey find it in himself to heal his heart enough to risk it to Autumn? Can Autumn find the courage to reveal what she's been hiding since the accident and trust Trey to accept her flaws? This story is one of letting go of painful pasts and heartaches. It's one of finding forgiveness and hope. It's a story that trust and faith in someone doesn't come easy. Can true love overcome and break down the walls built from the scars each one bears?
""We all have scars," Lisa said." "They make us human."...."that everyone has scars. It's what we choose to do with them that defines who we are.""

This is a great story that brings together all the characters who live in Cliffside Bay. They are friends and family that look out for each other and are connected by bonds of love and friendships. They are characters who have become like my family and friends. I love reconnecting with them in each and every book I read in this series. Tess Thompson has a wonderful gift of making these characters become living beings in my mind and I'm stepping into Cliffside Bay to be with them.

As I read this book, I turned each page knowing I was going to have my emotions tugged, my heart touched and my senses awakened. This book has surprises, twists, and drama I never saw coming. It has tenderness, romance, compassion, and hope. It has all the things that make a Tess Thompson novel one that I look forward to reading each and every time. She writes such beautiful passages that touch my heart. This one in particular:
"Shouldn't that be how all love is? Unconditional? Even when we make mistakes, we're still loved?"

I am honored to have read Tess Thompson's Scarred: Trey and Autumn. I loved it from the first page to the last. I love going to Cliffside Bay and spending time there....and I'm excited for the next book in the series. Thank you, Ms. Thompson, for this wonderful read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...