Tuesday, November 17, 2020



Come Tomorrow
By
Tess Thompson

"To love someone as much as they love each other is a great gift. Even when parted, the love remains." This is such a profound quote from Come Tomorrow that perfectly describes true love in the story. Tess Thompson has brought another heartwarming, tear jerking, all over the emotional spectrum novel in my favorite genre, historical fiction. She has such a talent to draw the reader right into the story from the first paragraph and doesn't let them go until the touching last page. Come Tomorrow is such a feel-good story and what an amazing beginning to a Christmas holiday series.

I love Tess Thompson's characters. Wesley, Luci and Sadie were so easy to connect to and become a part of the story with them. At the beginning of the story my emotions were pulled to tears and my heart broke for them. Ms. Thompson's main characters are so endearing and they wrapped themselves around my heart in ways that made me feel the emotions they were going through. Even Atlas/Gus, the faithful and loyal dog, pulled my heartstrings. She creates word stories in her books. Stories that draw you in and make you feel. She puts the reader into the lives of her characters in such a deep and involved way that you fall in love with them completely.

The story of Luci and Wesley brings with it unexpected surprises, drama, heartbreak and doubts. It's also filled with hope, love, and forgiveness. Ms. Thompson's writing brings all these things together with her storytelling talent in a book I couldn't put down. Her stories are from her heart, filled with scenes that are written with details that create perfect images in my mind. I was 100% into this book and couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the next book in this exciting new Castaway series. What an excellent beginning novel.

I loved going to the little town of Castaway with these characters and spending time there. The magic of the snow globe and meaning was so touching. I highly recommend shaking the "snow globe" of the pages in this novel and be mesmerized by the story that settles into your heart.

I want to thank Ms. Thompson for the privilege and honor of reading another superb book. I loved it! All thoughts and opinions in this review are my heartfelt own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...