Monday, November 9, 2020



The Irish Storm
By
J. Walter Ring

There is so much to why I love historical fiction and The Irish Storm is one more reason I do. I learn so much about a time gone by in the details written into a novel and Mr. Ring has given great attention to details in this book. It starts out with an engrossing and intense first chapter. The action never stops throughout the book. The story is based on Mr. Ring's own Irish heritage and adds to the fascination of the historic facts.

This novel is highly researched and the characters are intricately developed. As the story starts out with Sergeant Emerson "Bud" Ryan in the trenches of Ronssay, France, I was pulled into the setting and experience of being in a war trench. It was brutal and harsh in those conditions. Mr. Ring puts the reader right into the scenes. He also has great dialogue between the characters that drew me into their inner turmoils, feelings, and gut wrenching choices.
I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to choose between family and country. He weaves in a love story that makes the novel even more heart wrenching but humanistic.

My husband and I both read the book. We found it rich in history, rich in character connection and development, and rich in how much people will sacrifice for their country and families. We are so grateful and honored to have read this impressive story from Mr. Ring's own family history. All thoughts and opinions in this review are my heartfelt own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...