Wednesday, December 2, 2020


 The Betrayal
By
Terry Lynn Thomas

There is almost no worse feeling than that of being betrayed unless you're betrayed by the one person you love with all your heart. Believing your love for each other is forever. This is what Olivia has believed her 32-year marriage to Richard has been. True love. "True love isn't about romance. True love, the kind of love that withstands the test of time, is what you have when the romance wears away. True love is knowing your spouse has your back no matter what. It's about devotion and family. I thought I had that with Richard." But Olivia gets an annoymous text message on her birthday with an incriminating video of Richard and his secretary and her world comes crashing down.

Ms. Thomas then creates a psychological suspense novel that pulled me in. I don't read many books in this genre so I was suspicous of almost every character that was involved in Olivia's life. Not only was Olivia betrayed by her husband but she's been set up to take the fall for his secretary's murder. Olivia is then dependent on herself to clear herself of the murder. Ms. Thomas had me turning the pages to find out how Olivia was going to manage doing that. She adds diverse and intricately developed supporting characters that had me guessing if they were actually on Olivia's side or if they were betraying her, too. All that is except Brian. His story had my heart and his desire to help Olivia was so honest. "Brian was an old-school cop who believed in working his cases on a personal level."

There is so much that kept me reading the book. The fast pace, the twists, turns, the clues that surfaced from surprising places, the vivid details within the scenes....it's a well written novel. Olivia is a very well developed protagonist and I felt connected to her the entire time. It was nice to read about a character who's age is very close to my own, too. The plots in the story are realistic and plausible.

I want to thank the author, Terry Lynn Thomas, for the honor of reading this thrilling book. I'm excited this is the first novel of the series! Can't wait to jump into the next one! All opinions and thoughts in this review are my heartfelt own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...