Tuesday, April 28, 2020


Bloodline Origins
By
Iuliana Foos

I'm not generally drawn to read paranormal or stories about vampires but this book was a pleasant surprise to me and I really enjoyed it. I grew up watching the cult tv drama series "Dark Shadows" so I was curious as to what this story would be like. Would there be a Barnabas or Angelique? What would instigate a vampire's need to "feed"? What could Ms. Foos write that would be different from any other book based on vampires? Would it be just another "biting" attack on innocent victims? Oh, it is far from all that and so much more. The writing is very well done with the character development and descriptive scenes. It was so easy to visualize what I was reading into images in my mind. It was like stepping into the pages. This book was a fresh and unique twist on any preconceived ideas I had about the vampire culture and mythology. For me this was a "good" verses "evil" tale with a passionate love story done with subtlety. From the beginning scene of this book, my heart was pounding and adrenaline rushing.

I love the characters of Ana and Andree. Ana has felt she's never really fit in or belonged and she's felt out of place. She's been fascinated by vampires and has had an inner yearning to become one...but do they even exist and how would that even happen? Until one evening her life takes a turn she never expected when she's saved from attackers and taken to the Third Coven of Queen Emelia De Croix. Ana feels and knows this is where she belongs. Andree is the queen's son and as soon as he's entered into the story, the attraction he has to Ana is overwhelming. Love at first sight overwhelming. I loved the way their love story developed through the pages of the book. The attraction and chemistry to each other is intense, romantic and heart-throbbing. They belong together but she's human and what will it take for them to have their HEA? Ana is different and the vampires who come into contact with her sense it right away. "There's something about her "presence" that is strong. Is this Ana's fate or is this her destiny?

There is so much detail in this story. It's written so well that I would forget I was reading the book. I was in the pages myself. This author has a vivid way of bringing the reader into the world she's created. One so different from what I expected. The title of this book, "Bloodline Origins" is perfect for the story between the covers. It's the beginning of what's to come. This is a great debut novel that sets up a continuation for the characters. The ending was perfect and left me satisfied but also yearning to know where the story goes from here.

I want to thank Ms. Foos for the gift of a copy of her wonderful novel. Again, it's not something I normally would have picked up to read but the story is original. It's a non-stop, page-turning, creative adventure into a unique vampiracle world full of the unexpected. All thoughts and opinions in this review are my heartfelt own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...