Monday, February 10, 2020


Lavender, Loss & Love
at the
Villa des Violettes
by
Patricia Sands

What would it be like to spend an extended vacation in an amazing setting with close friends you've enjoyed getting to know? This book took me on a continued experience of just that kind of adventure with Philippe and Kat, innkeepers of a beautiful and welcoming villa in the Côte d’Azur. The third book in the series. The title of this series, "Villa des Violettes", along with the beautiful covers of these books, is a welcoming invite to step into the south of France and delight in all it has to offer.

There is something about meeting dear friends and catching up with them. The characters in this series are like family and I was joining up with them to spend time together again. It's like picking up with each other and having not been away. They are connected with each other through friendships, family and love for one another. Characters that are caring and ones I love being with. They took me into their lives and, through them, I had a holiday in the pages of this book.

As I was reading, Ms. Sands words created the most amazing visuals in my mind of what a tour of this area of France would be like. From the scrumptious foods that I practically tasted by her mouth watering descriptions, to the beautiful scenic panoramas I could see in my mind of the sparkling sea, the endless lavender fields and the cobble stoned alleyways, I was along with the characters as Philippe shared his childhood home and places he spent time in with Kat.

Then there's the storyline with the characters woven through this scenic country. I love the love story with Kat and Philippe. Finding true love later in their lives. "That's how it was with Philippe. He gave her the unswerving love, adorned with sincere romantic gestures, that she had missed in her earlier life." The characters are family with those around them. They are all there for each other through the good times and the hard times. There is so much emotion in the pages that touched and pulled at my heart. Romance in the south of France is heartwarming and magical. Being loved and with family and friends is everything.

I loved going into the pages of this book with Kat and Philippe. I loved the virtual tour Patricia Sands took me on through her extensive visits she herself has taken. Her love for this region of France comes through in the beautiful stories she creates in that setting. I want to thank Ms. Sands for the honor or reading another one of her wonderful books in Lavender, Loss and Love. I enjoyed it very much. All opinions and thoughts in this review are my heartfelt own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...