Thursday, February 6, 2020


A Dog's Hope
By
Casey Wilson
It's not always a person finding a dog but sometimes it's the dog finding it's person. That's how this story happens. It's a connection between a wandering dog, Buddy, and a mixed up, confused and often angry boy, Toby, that this emotionally filled story is about. Casey Wilson has filled the pages of this book with a heartwarming story that has heart wrenching situations. She adds a lovable and faithful golden retriever to make this a story of unconditional love between Toby and Buddy.

Being a dog lover myself since I was a little girl and knowing that Casey Wilson is, I knew this was a must read book for me. I loved the two different POVs in this book. Buddy, the golden retriever and Toby, the young boy. It starts with the "Now" and Buddy's thoughts as he faithfully reminisces about his unbreakable bond with Toby. Ms. Wilson so perfectly brought me into Buddy's thoughts of how he felt about his human soulmate. From the anticipation of throwing a ball: "There's no time to think when you're staring into your best friend's eyes, waiting for the next ball" to the trust and "knowing" he will be back: "I know Toby wouldn't leave me. He told me he'd be back and he keeps his promises", there is a connection with Buddy right away. He won my heart. The story then goes to Toby's POV and the "Then"....the struggles Toby has of making changes in his life from the conflicting and turmoiled relationship with his father to the finding of his true love in his life, Buddy is the constant companion and always there for him. I turned the pages feeling as if I were there experiencing the love and connection between a dog and his boy. "His gentle eyes remind me I'll never be alone. He's a faithful companion who never tires of being near me. He's an excellent listener and sometimes, the way he looks at me, I think he understands me even when I don't say a word." A dog's intuition for his person. What a feeling!

This story gave me so many emotional ups and downs. It made me cry but also made me happy. I felt Ms. Wilson's heart the story was written from. A heart for the love of dogs and their loyalty, faithfulness and love. I could feel myself looking into Buddy's eyes and seeing his pure love for Toby. I know that feeling as I look into the eyes of my own loyal and unconditionally loving dogs. This book is one any dog lover will so appreciate. I most certainly do. Anyone who has had a "best friend" in a faithful dog. There is nothing like that bond. This book took me intimately into that place through the heartfelt words from an author's heart. It was more than just a read, it was an experience.

I want to thank Casey Wilson for the honor and privilege of reading an ARC of this beautifully written story. All opinions and thoughts are my heartfelt own. I absolutely loved this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...