Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Art of Remembering
by
Alison Ragsdale
"There's an art to remembering, Ailsa, but if anyone can master it, you can." This book is amazing! It's so beautifully written! From the very beginning of the story, I loved the character, Ailsa. She infiltrated my heart. I felt her emotions and thoughts as if I were a part of her. This is such a heart wrenching read. It's a journey that Ailsa never thought she would be taking...the struggles that she would have to tackle or the events that would change her life. Sometimes things happen and you have no idea why. This is what happens in this story.
Alison Ragdale took me behind the scenes of what being a prima ballerina all entailed. From the detailed descriptions of the intense and long hours of practice to the exquisite descriptions of the costumes, the ballet positions and the feelings Ailsa has when she's on stage, I felt like I was experiencing it with her. I could feel the tulle on my legs, the floor beneath my toes and the thrill of the music as it was flowing through her body. Perfection in writing.
Likewise in the shocking diagnosis, I felt the fear, pain and what the unknown results could cause. It was a heart wrenching, gut punching feeling. I had so many tears. Ms. Ragsdale totally immersed me into Ailsa's life. I was yearning for her to find herself and what was right for her.
The life she's meant to live.
This book is so wonderful and I felt the heart Ms. Ragsdale wrote it from. It touched my heart deeply. There is an "art to remembering" and I will remember this book for a very long time. It's like this passage says, "When you lose someone they're always with you, like a molecule of something you've breathed into your soul." That's how I feel about this book. I have finished reading it but there will always be a part of it I've breathed into my soul and will be a part of me for the amazing experience I had.
I want to thank Kate Rock and Ms. Ragsdale for the unbelievable journey I took in this ARC copy of this book. I give this book a standing ovation and stars upon stars beyond five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...