Friday, June 28, 2019

A Season of Surprises
at the
Villa des Violettes
By
Patricia Sands
Bienvenue à la Villa des Violettes! Welcome to Villa des Violettes! This is a charming and delightful read that I loved very much! I felt like I took a return "vacances" to Côte d’Azur and reconnected with friends I couldn't wait to visit! Kat and Phillipe are the perfect host and hostess to take me through the pages of this book. I love their love story!
It was very exciting to be a part of the opening of their B & B along with their first guests. All of Kat's and Phillipe's friends are involved in this exciting business venture! The characters are all so likeable and have become my friends, too. Each character adds a layer to this story that makes it a totally enjoyable read.
I felt like I was on one of Patricia Sand's tours that she hosts in France. From the "pictures" of the characters to their emotions, from the locations to the scenery, from the French celebrations to the scenic road trip and add in all the yummy and tasty foods....it's an all around experience to France. It's easily put into my mind because of her very descriptive writing. It becomes so vivid that I have felt I've actually been to France!
Ms. Sands takes on a very difficult issue with one of the characters that involves human trafficking. She did this in a way that brings attention to a serious problem but in a very sensitive way. It added an element of mystery to the book.
Oh! I can't forget the antics of the pets! I love that Coco and Rocco, Belle and her kittens are a part of bringing the book together, too. They just add a perfect touch to the "family" at Villa des Violettes.
This is a passage that Phillipe says to Kat:
"We have a way of making beautiful memories, Minou. And we will keep doing it. There's so much more to discover together."
I have beautiful memories from reading this book and I can't wait to discover more and make more memories in the next book of this series.
I want to thank Ms. Sands for the opportunity and privilege of reading this book. It's a cinq étoiles lire....five star read for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...