Saturday, June 29, 2019

Healed: Stone and Pepper
by
Tess Thompson
Destination: Cliffside Bay! It's a perfect place to travel to in a Tess Thompson book. There you meet up with family and friends you've connected with in this amazing series. The Dogs, Wags, and Wolves are people you love having in your life. I for sure do! I am so excited when the next book comes out in this series. Each one focuses on a couple that will grab your heart and take you on their journey of finding happiness. This novel is about Stone and Pepper.
Each of these characters have come from a traumatic and painful past or events they've had happen in their lives. They have scars that they try to keep from being exposed and revealed but they keep tearing open. What will it take to have those scars heal and help them move forward from the past?
Stone is Gentle Giant and has served the country in the Marines. He's seen a lot and experienced many difficult things in his life. Even still, he's loyal, full of integrity, has the patience of Job and he's full of compassion, determination, optimism and humility. He's got it bad for Pepper.
Pepper is a spitfire! She has gumption, a loyalty to her best friends and a feistiness that I loved. She is a person I would want to be my friend for the steadfastness she shows those she loves. She has had a bad tragedy in her past and she closes herself up to letting her feelings be exposed. She protects herself from being hurt.
I love the way how Ms. Thompson brings personality into her books. There are so many passages and phrases that make this book fun to read. There were also parts of this book that tore my heart out. Since these people are my friends and family, I wanted to help them and be there for them. That's how much this book became a part of me.
The characters in this book are so well written. It was great how the characters from previous books are also included in this one. The are all one and a part of each other.
Ms. Thompson can create metaphors that paint a picture in my mind so very well. Here's one from the beginning of the book that I will always think about:
This is Stone speaking: "Today was all rainbows and unicorns. Given the number of canned-pea type days he'd had during his thirty years of life, he soaked up the unicorns and rainbows, grateful for each one."
There are adorable and cute names Stone and Pepper have for each other throughout the book. I found them endearing and they added so much to the connection between Stone and Pepper.
This book is a true Tess Thompson work. I know I am always in for a great read! I love this series and know each one is going to have me feeling all the emotions with all her wonderful characters.
I do want to thank her for the dedication in the front of the book to those who have served in the military. I appreciate that so very much.
I do believe this book will take the reader on a rewarding and fascinating adventure with Stone and Pepper. I loved every word of it!
I want to thank Ms. Thompson for the honor and privilege of reading an ARC of another amazing book that she's written. I love returning to Cliffside Bay and look forward to the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...