Saturday, June 29, 2019

Breakfast With the FBI
by
Erina Bridget Ring
Oh. My. Gosh! Knowing this book was written from real life events had me holding my breath in so many parts. This is the story of Rose Ryan and her position as a bank teller. She uncovers some suspicious activity concerning missing money from the bank. She knows that something is terribly wrong and has to do something about it. This book takes the reader on the crazy ride of going "undercover" with the FBI to expose the embezzlement scheme. I felt like I was going through the anxieties, worries, and fears with Rose as she had to keep from revealing her knowledge of what was going on in the bank. PLUS, she was told to not "say a word" to anyone. At all. How hard to go through so much and not be able to talk about it. Sometimes it felt like it wasn't worth the stress and fear but to protect herself and her family, she did what it took.
This is a fast read but so worth it. It's intense and kept me wanting to know how this whole ordeal was going to be resolved. It is a great read and I enjoyed it very much. The integrity that Rose presented is highly admirable....she endured so much.
Yes, Rose did the right thing!
This is the second book of Ms. Ring's that I've read and I can't wait to read another one!
Thank you, Erina Bridget Ring, for the copy of your book. I am so honored to have read it and I am a BIG fan of yours! A five star read...and I admire you for what you went through and that you are finally able to share that with us.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this heartfelt review. It’s not often a person comes face to face with a person that is in the middle of a scheme of wrong-doing. What would you do? Do you call in for help and try to figure out a solution to the problem or would you walk away? Rose Ryan did the right thing...she put herself in dangers way and figured out the solution to a much bigger problem at hand. With the support of her husband and having a good work ethic she was able to hold her bearings and push forward. We all strive to do what is good. Ultimately Rose did just that to get through maybe one of her worse year of her life. I hope you read this story and come to the same conclusion! I know it was a difficult story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Bridget! Thank you for your comment. I agree Rose did the right thing. I know it had to have been so difficult and sometimes so wanting to give up. I admire her fortitude and determination to push through. Thank you for sharing such a difficult time through the pages of your book.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...