Saturday, June 29, 2019


Emily, Gone
by
Bette Lee Crosby
There is nothing like the feeling of picking up a Bette Lee Crosby book to read. When I do, I know I'm in for a deeply emotional and heart tugging story that will take my emotions all over the feelings map. As I opened the pages of this book, I felt like I was meeting with an old friend and she was going to take me on a storytelling journey and she sure did! Emily, Gone is a book I couldn't put down.

If this book doesn't tug at your heartstrings, I don't know what will. Each progressively turned page brought me deeper into the heart of the story that drew rawness to my emotions. The horror of waking up in the morning finding little Emily gone was excruciating. Who would have taken her and why? The self blaming for not being there for Emily broke my heart. The yearning for a lost child was heart wrenching. This book took me on that proverbial roller coaster ride from heartache, to desperation, to despair, to a shocking turn of events, to hope, to forgiveness, to faith no matter what the situation or outcome.

Ms. Crosby has such a great way of putting wisdom in her books that reach into my heart. I come away from her books with words that I can apply to my life and use to be a better person. I love that. Her works feel personal and I feel connected to them. Each character has flaws just as we all do. Each character has emotions that in ways I could relate to. Ms. Crosby developed each character completely to create a story that pulled me in.

I'd like to share a couple passages that are indicative of Ms. Crosby's gift of writing:

"People make mistakes, and things happen-not because we want them to or don't care, but because life is a whole lot less than perfect."

"Fear settles in your heart the day you learn you're gonna be a mama, but somehow you stumble through doing the best you can, always hoping it's good enough."

I came to the end of this book knowing and feeling I had a true Bette Lee Crosby book experience. I loved it! I want to thank Ms. Crosby, Lake Union, and Netgalley for the absolute honor of getting to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...