Tuesday, May 26, 2020



The Liar and Other Stories
By
Alison Ragsdale

Alison Ragsdale's beautiful writing talent comes through in each and every short story in this very diverse collection.  I found myself absorbed in the scenarios of each vignette and the very deep emotions that I felt reading them.   The stories are written with great descriptive detail and vivid imagery that drew me right into every one.  Even though the stories are short, they all hooked me from the very first paragraph.  It was so easy to pick up the book and read a story or two and then be content with what I read knowing the next time I opened it, I'd have a new story to experience.    There were some stories that Ms. Ragsdale let me imagine what I would like the ending to be.  Then another with a heart warming ending from an unexpected reason.  Even one story with the "thoughts" and "feelings" of a inanimate object.  I felt like I became that object with the way she brought out it's purpose and all the possibilities it could have been. She pulled at my imagination strings!   Amazing! 
I really enjoy Ms. Ragsdale's books and this one is like a combination of all things good she writes.  It's one that as I read the stories, I wasn't sure what I would feel.  From highs to lows, from happy to sad, from hopeless to hope, there's so much in this little book. It's packed!  I loved reading it!  It was an honor and great experience to read these heart tugging, emotional and fantastic stories in this collection.  Well done, Ms. Ragsdale!  Thank you!!
I want to thank Alison Ragsdale for the ebook copy of her wonderful collection.  All thoughts and opinions in this review are my heartfelt own.  A 105 short story stars!  Five for each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...