Sunday, January 19, 2020


Lies That Bind
By
Ashley Farley
Ashley Farley is a wonderfully gifted creator of stories that draw the reader in and then holds them through every page to the very end.  The title alone has a mysterious essence to it and made me wonder what kind of lies can a character keep that would bind them.  I was ready to open this book and see what this mystery is all about.  I have read several of Ashley Farley's books and looked forward to this one knowing it would be a great read.  And a great read it was.
There is no slowing down in this book once I started reading it.  The story slides so easily between the chapters that are focused on one of the three main characters of the book, Maggie, Reese and Eva.  Each one with life or personal issues that families can struggle through.   Each character found places in my heart and I felt the emotional pain as they fought to find their way.   Ms. Farley has a knack of touching on the issues with compassion and heart but yet convey the hardships that can be truly difficult to overcome.  This has a way of making me feel for the characters and wanting the best for them.  But so many secrets and lies...that make this drama unfold. 
The details in her stories are so perfectly written that I felt I was experiencing the events as she masterfully reveals each next scene.  Each chapter builds upon the previous to take the suspense to the edge.  The characters were ones I felt I could know in my own life.  The problems were real and the answers were hard.  There were connections between them that brought hope to each situation and built friendships and healing.  Would they overcome the lies that bound them, tho?  It's hard to face the truth and admit the pain or to forget the past. 
This book has a bit of everything in it for me. Women who have real life dilemmas to work through,  suspense, mystery, intrigue and a plot that didn't stop.   Forgiveness, love and compassion that draw the best out of the characters.   This made for a read that will stick with me for a long time as another unforgettable Ashley Farley novel.  I highly recommend her books and this one is no exception.  Great story!! 
I want to thank Ashley Farley for the honor of reading this wonderful book.  All opinions and thoughts are my heartfelt own.  A five star all the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...