Saturday, November 16, 2019


Jilted: Nico and Sophie
By
Tess Thompson
From the time Sophie was eight-years-old, she dreamt about who her soulmate was going to be. She recognized him as soon as she laid eyes on him. Nico. Now the challenge was to overcome the reservations and doubts he seemed to live with and carry. To convince him they belonged together. Is she able to cross the age barrier reasoning he's put up? She is an "old soul" and goes after what she wants. She is impulsive and driven, has no doubts and knows what she wants. And she loves and wants Nico.

Nico's been jilted and it's stingingly painful. He's afraid to put himself "out there" to be possibly rejected again. Just like he's been all his life. But who can resist the "warrior princess and gorgeous Sophie"? He was going to have to be strong and determined to not give in to her but is it possible? In his mind, he's not good enough for her. She deserves better that him. Oh, but how hard to resist her!

Ms. Thompson has once again taken me back to Cliffside Bay and drawn me into the pages of a story that is filled with wonderful characters. The story of Nico and Sophie brings with it unexpected surprises, drama, heartbreak and doubts. It's also filled with hope, excitement, love and some spiciness that warms you up. Ms. Thompson's writing brings all these things together in her storytelling talent in a book I couldn't put down. Then she brings in two characters I absolutely loved. Jen...the cutest little pup that won my heart along with Nico's. "Dogs made everything better.....dogs love unconditionally." I love dogs in books and Jen is perfect. And then there's Mrs. Coventry. She's an elderly, sprightly lady who sees that Nico and Sophie belong together. She has a plan to accomplish this and isn't afraid to set it in motion. She's full of energy and humor. She is such a fun character.

I love going to Cliffside Bay each time a new novel comes out in the series. Tess Thompson writes with such heart and soul that it emits from the characters. They have become a part of me and visiting, reconnecting and going deeper with new characters makes this series a fantastic read for me.

I am honored to have read Tess Thompson's Jilted: Nico and Sophie. I loved everything about the endeavor of Sophie and Nico to find their HOA. It pulled at my heart. I love going to Cliffside Bay and spending time there....and I'm excited for the next book in the series. Thank you, Ms. Thompson, for this wonderful read!

All opinions and thoughts in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...