Saturday, August 10, 2019


Knit 2, Purl 2, Kill 2
By
Erina Bridget Ring 

Being a caretaker for an elderly parent is a challenge in and of itself. Throw in a group of mean, vindictive women and a crazy sister, you now have an unbelievable story of survival that Mrs. Ring went through.
This story is written from Mrs. Ring's heart. She had my heart yearning to be with her and to be her friend, to encourage, and to let her know how compassionate and caring she was through it all. She has such a caring and fabulous husband, Jack, who was her support, rock and champion.
Caring for her mom was difficult so finding a release in knitting seemed like a great idea....until a group of women knitters she was learning from, were beyond belief.
Not only is Mrs. Ring taking on the challenge of caring for her mom, a jealous and hostile group of women knitters, but in comes a sister who does such crazy and disruptive things, that chaos erupts concerning their mother.
This book took me into feelings and places that made my heart hurt. I had tears for what Mrs. Ring went through. My heart felt every emotional high and low she felt. I admire her for her determination and strength she found to overcome what seemed impossible at times. She says in this passage:
"I've learned a huge lesson, Jack. Bullies do come in the form of sixty-plus-year-old women. And I learned something else, too. I won't stop knitting, and I am not going to let those women destroy me. I've been looking for something, and that something was myself!"
This story is definitely one of survival through what was a very emotional and heart wrenching time. It's not easy to put your life out there like this but I am grateful for Mrs. Ring to write and share her story of coming out the other side better because of it.
This is a memoire of unbelievable events....written by a very caring and giving lady.
Thank you, Mrs. Ring, for the privilege of reading and reviewing your story.
Five stars for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...