Sunday, August 11, 2019


Going Home
By
Judith Keim
I have been drawn into a brand new series, in this first book of the series, by Judith Keim and I couldn't be more excited! It's a story that introduced me to Lettie (Violet Hawkins) and her determination to find her place in life. I hurt for her in the beginning with the childhood she endured and the foster parents who told her she was never going to be anything in her life. Tired of the life she was in, she strikes out for a new life in the "free love" of California only to find out that it wasn't any kind of life at all. Hungry and homeless, destiny brings her and Kenton Chandler to cross paths. He offers her a job at his family vineyard business and she's more than eager to accept.
The story takes the reader on a lifetime journey with Lettie. There are so many emotions that my heart went through with her. From all consuming love to the most devastating events, I felt the power of Lettie to pull through each and every situation her life brought her to. She stood up for her principles with determination. She has so much love and compassion for those she's loyal to. She loves with an infinite heart. I love the character of Lettie and felt a part of her life throughout the book.
Ms. Keim has a wonderful descriptive gift of writing. The research she put into the grape growing and wine making business is obvious and I learned how much there is that goes into that. I love the setting of the Willamette Valley in Oregon and I would love to visit there but feel like I have from reading this book.
I want to thank Ms. Keim for the honor of reading an ARC copy of this wonderful book. I am very much looking forward to reading the second book in this series, Coming Home, and living the next chapter in the Chandler Hill Inn Series. I definitely give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...