Tuesday, July 2, 2019


The Kind of a Girl
By
G. C. Allen
Lorraine Innis is the kind of a girl I'm so happy to have just had a crazy and wild adventure with! Oh, my gosh! Was it ever an adventure!
Lorraine Innis has a plan. She has a plan for revenge or justice...but it consists of her mantra, "Remember to forget". Or is it "Forget to remember?" Whichever it is, she has quite the time of following through with her "plan". This plan involves her "cousin", Valerie. It's a detailed and intricate plan that has to come together perfectly but, just like Murphy's Law, things don't quite go the way they're supposed to.
I love this author's quirky, hilarious, and unique style of storytelling. I was laughing at so many of the innuendoes and situations that Lorraine, and the other characters, found themselves in. The characters in this book are out of a mold of their own. I have never come across anything like them. The entire cast of characters bring the whole crazy story together. They are a range of characters from high ranking politicians down to the little cat in a tree. What all these have to do with each other is what makes this book an insanely humorous, entertaining, and unputdownable read. I had to find out how Lorraine was going to accomplish her "mission".
There were so many passages that had me rolling on the floor laughing. The word plays were fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the front cover to the back.
If you want a read that takes you on a crazy, wild ride, one that makes you laugh, one that is amusing and entertaining, then this is a must! I am so happy that I picked this book up and began my adventures with Lorraine Innis, The Kind of a Girl I want to have in my future book adventures. Ms. Allen leaves the door open at the end of this book for just that opportunity!
This is the first book I've read by this author but far from the last, for sure!
I want to thank G. C. Allen for a read that took me into the life of Lorraine! It was GREAT!!! A five star laughing escapade of FUN!

2 comments:

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...