Monday, July 15, 2019


The Girl in the Diamond Studded Heels
By
G.C. Allen
The adventure continues! When I finished book one, "The Kind of a Girl", and had so much fun with Lorraine Innis, I KNEW that this next book was going to be the ticket to another thrilling adventure! Oh, was it ever! What a whacky and wild ride it is!

The second book continues from where book one left us off....what is Lorraine going to do to complete this "mission" she has started? To get justice for the death of Martina. Well, she has a slight problem in getting this plan off the ground in that she's still forgetting to remember! Throw in the instant rocket to fame and stardom and now she's along for the ride. Oh the places she goes!

I love the characters in these books. They are some of the most outrageous and unforgettable of any I've ever encountered! Their escapades, capers, stunts and situations are a thrill a page! I especially liked the character Eugenia Bupp. She is a crude, blunt, crass and just "puts it out there" old lady and has her own "mission" to accomplish when her original plan fails to ignite. I laughed so hard at her quips and snide remarks. She's one BA lady!

Then, of course, I love Lorraine! I love her! She's become the world's newest sensation and all she wants to do is take care of her "business" but she doesn't remember that's what she wants to do!
"" Oh, yes, you're right," said Lorraine, "how forgetful of me. No, I'm not supposed to know any of you. Am I?"" It's a crazy, mixed up world but she's along for the ride until she can jump off. I was so convinced of who Lorraine is but then.....who is she really?

The book has chapter titles that just add a touch that makes the book complete...well, until book three now! I enjoyed the titles and how they drew me to read more to see how they tied into the next chapter. Oh! AND THAT ENDING! I never expected what happened!

Ms. Allen's zany, uproarious, quirky, and witty humor shines throughout this book! I laughed so hard that my sides hurt and I had tears in my eyes! My husband thought I'd lost it! I enjoy Ms. Allen's writing style and how it makes me feel. It's a feel good kind of read that goes in so many unexpected ways.

Again, this is a read that took me on one hilariously wild and crazy ride with Lorraine! She's my new heroine! Or hero?! So, I really hope you will grab these books, punch your ticket and hop into these books! They are so entertaining and quite the adventure! I can't wait to continue the journey with Lorraine in "The Girl in the Aubergine Sandals"! I hope you will join me by reading these books!

I want to thank Ms. Allen for the copy of this book! It's wonderfully written and so much fun! Totally another 5 star Lorraine adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...