Friday, December 27, 2019



Perfectly Good Crime
By
Dete Meserve
"I am Robin Hood, I take from the rich to give to the poor..." This line is what I'm most familiar with in the story of Robin Hood. In Dete Meserve's book, Perfectly Good Crime, she has taken the basis of Robin Hood's words and actions to create a wonderful story twist of a modern day Robin Hood mystery. I was enthralled with this premise. "Is it possible to commit a perfectly good crime?"
This is the second book in the Kate Bradley series. I was so excited to read this book after reading the first novel, Good Sam! I knew I was going to be in for a fantastic read...and I was so right!
It's hard to justify stealing from anyone and while I was reading, it was the big question. Is it ok to steal from the rich if it makes the lives of those less fortunate so much better?
The characters in this book are so likable. Especially Kate Bradley. She is so relatable and so wants to do the right thing. She asks the hard questions as a reporter. She has a personal life that I kept hoping she would be able to work out, too. I love her grit, determination, and desire to report the truth. This story took me into the uberrich society through the wonderful written descriptions Ms. Meserve is so talented to write. I could visualize the estates and mansions that she eloquently wrote into the story of the actual properties. How grand and magnificent!
I really liked this passage in the book:
"The Robin Hood story lives-like most important stories-in the murky shades of gray between what's good and what's not. Yet there is such a thing as a perfectly good crime."
This is a wonderful story. It made me feel good. I love that Ms. Meserve's novels focus on good and kindness. Being the best we can to others.
I want to thank Ms. Meserve for writing this fantastic book. I also want to thank Lake Union and Netgalley for the opportunity to read a five star novel that I enjoyed so very much.
This is my freely written and honest review! Five stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...