Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rebecca Rosenberg has brought history to life in this un...put...down...able book about Baby Doe Tabor! This is the genre of book that I love to read and I was thrilled with the opportunity to read an ARC copy! This fascinating woman in American history, particularly Colorado history, was beautiful, determined, strong and most of all a survivor. She endured the gamut of difficulties that life and society threw at her because of her strong will and the love she had for Horace Tabor.
Ms. Rosenberg has captured the essence and beauty not only of Baby Doe but also of Colorado. The descriptions she writes are so vivid and incredible. I grew up in Colorado with my dad taking me to many old ghost towns in the mountains and this book brought all those places to life as bustling, crowded places that brought miners in search of their fortunes in their hunt for silver and gold. From the clear, blue skies and streams to the scents of the pines. From the hardships and reality of what mining entailed to the high society of the Denver elites, I was living this tale of ups and downs with Baby Doe.

Ms. Rosenberg built this book upon the real life of Baby Doe Tabor and the history surrounding her. It's a wonderful "look" at who she was. The research, the history, the background to the characters is all brought together in a magnificent book that reads like it could be made into a top rated movie. I didn't want the book to end. I wanted more of Baby Doe and to my surprise! There is going to be a sequel! Silver Dollar! I will be waiting with great anticipation for what happens next in Baby Doe's life!

This book exceeded all my expectations and gave me an adventure back in history that I will never forget. I love Colorado. I love the rich history of that state. Ms. Rosenberg brought all that to me in this book plus so much more. I loved the adventure!

There are passages that are so profound and speak of the talent Ms. Rosenberg has at expressing the written word.
"The Matchless was a symbol of everything they stood for; tenacity, courage, and most of all, luck. Was that why he never let it go? He kept it for her."
"Love is like a wild horse, impossible to tame," she said. "The horse takes you places you never thought you'd go. But if you hold on tight, it always leads you home."

This is the second book by Ms. Rosenberg that I've read and highly recommend both. The first one is The Secret Life of Mrs. London. I am so looking forward to her next book, too! I want to thank Ms. Rosenberg for the honor of reading her amazing novel! I would give it way more than 5 stars if possible and I highly recommend her books!  

2 comments:

  1. A delightful review for what sounds like a delightful book. Thank you for sharing it. I very much look forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much for reading my review and looking at my blog. I really hope you get a chance to read this book soon. Have a wonderful day!! <3

      Delete

Christmas Memories By Nancy Carey Johnson If I could fill my  Christmas stocking with goodies and stories it would be filled to over flowing...